Queen’s Hospital trust ‘working hard’ to address staff shortages before maternity transfer from King George
The trust behind Queen’s Hospital said it is “working hard” to address staff shortages ahead of the transfer of maternity services from King George Hospital.
Labour listed the Romford hospital as one of 17 found to have insufficient staffing levels to “keep people safe and meet their health and welfare needs” by the Care Quality Commission.
The watchdog outlined improvements for Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) to make after its last inspection of staffing in March 2012.
BHRUT chairman Sir Peter Dixon said: “We have been working hard to address the issue and have had great success in filling vacancies in many departments.
“We have seen particular improvements in our maternity department, where our midwife to birth ratio is 1:29 – among the best in London. O
You may also want to watch:
“Our labour ward also has the highest levels of consultant cover in the capital.
“However, like many other hospitals, we are struggling to recruit to certain areas – particularly around emergency care.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 5 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
“Patient safety remains an absolute priority, and we continue to work hard to address the situation.”
Deliveries are scheduled to move from King George Hospital, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, to the Romford Hospital later this year.