Queen’s Hospital trust ‘working hard’ to address staff shortages before maternity transfer from King George
The trust behind Queen’s Hospital said it is “working hard” to address staff shortages ahead of the transfer of maternity services from King George Hospital.
Labour listed the Romford hospital as one of 17 found to have insufficient staffing levels to “keep people safe and meet their health and welfare needs” by the Care Quality Commission.
The watchdog outlined improvements for Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) to make after its last inspection of staffing in March 2012.
BHRUT chairman Sir Peter Dixon said: “We have been working hard to address the issue and have had great success in filling vacancies in many departments.
“We have seen particular improvements in our maternity department, where our midwife to birth ratio is 1:29 – among the best in London. O
You may also want to watch:
“Our labour ward also has the highest levels of consultant cover in the capital.
“However, like many other hospitals, we are struggling to recruit to certain areas – particularly around emergency care.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 10 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
“Patient safety remains an absolute priority, and we continue to work hard to address the situation.”
Deliveries are scheduled to move from King George Hospital, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, to the Romford Hospital later this year.