Queen’s Hospital trust ‘working hard’ to address staff shortages before maternity transfer from King George
The trust behind Queen’s Hospital said it is “working hard” to address staff shortages ahead of the transfer of maternity services from King George Hospital.
Labour listed the Romford hospital as one of 17 found to have insufficient staffing levels to “keep people safe and meet their health and welfare needs” by the Care Quality Commission.
The watchdog outlined improvements for Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) to make after its last inspection of staffing in March 2012.
BHRUT chairman Sir Peter Dixon said: “We have been working hard to address the issue and have had great success in filling vacancies in many departments.
“We have seen particular improvements in our maternity department, where our midwife to birth ratio is 1:29 – among the best in London. O
You may also want to watch:
“Our labour ward also has the highest levels of consultant cover in the capital.
“However, like many other hospitals, we are struggling to recruit to certain areas – particularly around emergency care.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
“Patient safety remains an absolute priority, and we continue to work hard to address the situation.”
Deliveries are scheduled to move from King George Hospital, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, to the Romford Hospital later this year.