Queen’s and King George hospitals are to be assessed by inspectors this week
- Credit: Archant
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Trust (BHRUT) hospitals are to receive a full Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection this week.
Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford, and the King George Hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, will be judged on the overall quality of care and leadership as part of this week’s CQC inspection, which began on Monday.
Matthew Hopkins, chief executive of the trust, took to twitter offering a “warm welcome” to inspectors, and has since been posting daily schedule updates.
The last CQC inspection was in October 2013 following “significant financial challenges” and failures to meet some key care indicators by the trust.
The report, published in December 2013, outlined several areas for improvement including resolving problems within A&E departments across both hospitals as well ensuring leadership figures are properly supported.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors will spend most of their time on an inspection directly observing care and talking to patients or people using the service and their families or carers, as well as staff.
Inspectors may be accompanied by experts who have experience in medicine or care, or those who have previously used the services on a regular basis.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'