Queen’s and King George hospitals are to be assessed by inspectors this week
- Credit: Archant
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Trust (BHRUT) hospitals are to receive a full Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection this week.
Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford, and the King George Hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, will be judged on the overall quality of care and leadership as part of this week’s CQC inspection, which began on Monday.
Matthew Hopkins, chief executive of the trust, took to twitter offering a “warm welcome” to inspectors, and has since been posting daily schedule updates.
The last CQC inspection was in October 2013 following “significant financial challenges” and failures to meet some key care indicators by the trust.
The report, published in December 2013, outlined several areas for improvement including resolving problems within A&E departments across both hospitals as well ensuring leadership figures are properly supported.
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors will spend most of their time on an inspection directly observing care and talking to patients or people using the service and their families or carers, as well as staff.
Inspectors may be accompanied by experts who have experience in medicine or care, or those who have previously used the services on a regular basis.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list