Have your say on new early diagnostic centre opening in east London in 2020
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
NHS leaders have secured funding to open a new early diagnosis centre in March 2020 – the first of its kind in the country.
The centre will be based at Mile End Hospital, but it will be for any patients in Redbridge, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Tower Hamlets and Newham.
The plan aims to make it easier and faster to get a diagnostic test, to improve cancer detection and survival rates.
It will include endoscopy, ultrasound and CT facilities, but the second phase will include MRI.
It will begin by offering tests to patients living with specific conditions and for GP referrals for certain suspected cancers before expanding.
You may also want to watch:
Tests will come with shorter waiting times, more choice of appointments including weekends, fewer cancellations and support from dedicated staff funded by Macmillan.
Have your say here.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap