Have your say on new early diagnostic centre opening in east London in 2020
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
NHS leaders have secured funding to open a new early diagnosis centre in March 2020 – the first of its kind in the country.
The centre will be based at Mile End Hospital, but it will be for any patients in Redbridge, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Tower Hamlets and Newham.
The plan aims to make it easier and faster to get a diagnostic test, to improve cancer detection and survival rates.
It will include endoscopy, ultrasound and CT facilities, but the second phase will include MRI.
It will begin by offering tests to patients living with specific conditions and for GP referrals for certain suspected cancers before expanding.
You may also want to watch:
Tests will come with shorter waiting times, more choice of appointments including weekends, fewer cancellations and support from dedicated staff funded by Macmillan.
Have your say here.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 10 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London