Have your say on new early diagnostic centre opening in east London in 2020
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
NHS leaders have secured funding to open a new early diagnosis centre in March 2020 – the first of its kind in the country.
The centre will be based at Mile End Hospital, but it will be for any patients in Redbridge, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Tower Hamlets and Newham.
The plan aims to make it easier and faster to get a diagnostic test, to improve cancer detection and survival rates.
It will include endoscopy, ultrasound and CT facilities, but the second phase will include MRI.
It will begin by offering tests to patients living with specific conditions and for GP referrals for certain suspected cancers before expanding.
You may also want to watch:
Tests will come with shorter waiting times, more choice of appointments including weekends, fewer cancellations and support from dedicated staff funded by Macmillan.
Have your say here.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club