MPs and trust chief to discuss closure of King George Hospital’s A&E at public meeting
Residents will have the chance to grill NHS managers in a meeting over the planned closure of King George Hospital’s A&E next week.
The department at the hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, is set for the axe in 2015 despite years of opposition from campaigners, councillors and local MPs.
The labour ward shut earlier this year and more than 300 beds are due to close in a shake-up of hospital services across north east London.
Campaigners from the Save King George Hospital group have organised the meeting at Redbridge College, Little Heath, on December 6.
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes, Ilford North MP Lee Scott and Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust chief executive Avril Dongworth are due to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to join the meeting from 7pm.
Can’t make it? Send your written questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put to the panel.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools