MPs and trust chief to discuss closure of King George Hospital’s A&E at public meeting
Residents will have the chance to grill NHS managers in a meeting over the planned closure of King George Hospital’s A&E next week.
The department at the hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, is set for the axe in 2015 despite years of opposition from campaigners, councillors and local MPs.
The labour ward shut earlier this year and more than 300 beds are due to close in a shake-up of hospital services across north east London.
Campaigners from the Save King George Hospital group have organised the meeting at Redbridge College, Little Heath, on December 6.
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes, Ilford North MP Lee Scott and Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust chief executive Avril Dongworth are due to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to join the meeting from 7pm.
Can’t make it? Send your written questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put to the panel.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station