More than 140 Covid patients at Barts Health hospitals, latest figures show
- Credit: Mike Brooke
There are more than 100 patients with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals, according to the latest figures.
As of 8am on August 26 (Thurs), the trust had 143 in-patients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Newham Hospital and Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge, as well as St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London.
The figure constitutes a small rise on the 134 Covid-19 in-patients reported by the trust on August 4.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, ten were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 42 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
You may also want to watch:
As of 5pm on August 25, a total of 1,887 patients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health hospitals had died.
More than 17,000 Covid-19 patients admitted to the hospital have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening