More than 100 patients with Covid-19 at Barts Trust hospitals
- Credit: Alastair Lockhart LDR
There are more than 100 patients with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals.
As of 8am on August 4, the trust had 134 in-patients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London; The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Newham Hospital, Newham and Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, seven were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 35 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
As of 5pm on August 3, a total of 1,856 patients hospitalised with Covid-19 at Barts hospitals have died.
For the same period, 16,316 have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 2 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 3 Ex-police officer served for four years after being accused of 'sexual and physical assaults'
- 4 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
- 5 Councils with low Covid vaccine rates given funds to help people get jabbed
- 6 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 7 Staffing shortages mean just half of new hospital ward beds to be available immediately
- 8 BHRUT chief: Winter at trust’s hospitals ‘not notably worse’ than pre-Covid
- 9 Tube line closure to disrupt London travel for months
- 10 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary