Man injured following crash in Gravel Lane, Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a collision involving a car and a lorry yesterday evening.
Two fire engines from Loughton fire station attended Gravel Lane, Chigwell, after they were alerted at 7.28pm to the incident involving a Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Iveco.
Crews used specialist cutting equipment to release one male casualty by 8.08pm and left him in the care of the ambulance service.
Police confirmed the 24-year-old man from Chigwell, who was driving the Vauxhall, was taken to hospital with a leg injury, which is not believed to be life threatening.
A telephone pole was also knocked down as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until just before 11.35pm while emergency services were on scene and the road was cleared.
Did you see what happened? Email email@example.com or call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3835.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash