Man injured following crash in Gravel Lane, Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a collision involving a car and a lorry yesterday evening.
Two fire engines from Loughton fire station attended Gravel Lane, Chigwell, after they were alerted at 7.28pm to the incident involving a Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Iveco.
Crews used specialist cutting equipment to release one male casualty by 8.08pm and left him in the care of the ambulance service.
Police confirmed the 24-year-old man from Chigwell, who was driving the Vauxhall, was taken to hospital with a leg injury, which is not believed to be life threatening.
A telephone pole was also knocked down as a result of the collision.
The road was closed until just before 11.35pm while emergency services were on scene and the road was cleared.
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3835.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say