Man injured following crash in Gravel Lane, Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a collision involving a car and a lorry yesterday evening.
Two fire engines from Loughton fire station attended Gravel Lane, Chigwell, after they were alerted at 7.28pm to the incident involving a Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Iveco.
Crews used specialist cutting equipment to release one male casualty by 8.08pm and left him in the care of the ambulance service.
Police confirmed the 24-year-old man from Chigwell, who was driving the Vauxhall, was taken to hospital with a leg injury, which is not believed to be life threatening.
A telephone pole was also knocked down as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until just before 11.35pm while emergency services were on scene and the road was cleared.
Did you see what happened? Email email@example.com or call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3835.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child