Man injured following crash in Gravel Lane, Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a collision involving a car and a lorry yesterday evening.
Two fire engines from Loughton fire station attended Gravel Lane, Chigwell, after they were alerted at 7.28pm to the incident involving a Vauxhall Corsa and Ford Iveco.
Crews used specialist cutting equipment to release one male casualty by 8.08pm and left him in the care of the ambulance service.
Police confirmed the 24-year-old man from Chigwell, who was driving the Vauxhall, was taken to hospital with a leg injury, which is not believed to be life threatening.
A telephone pole was also knocked down as a result of the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until just before 11.35pm while emergency services were on scene and the road was cleared.
Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3835.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays