Make time to give and do something amazing
DO SOMETHING and save a life by donating blood – there are many local venues with donor sessions taking place throughout the area in the coming weeks. City workers can also go to the Grand Suite at the Britannia International Hotel in Canary Wharf on Frid
DO SOMETHING and save a life by donating blood - there are many local venues with donor sessions taking place throughout the area in the coming weeks.
City workers can also go to the Grand Suite at the Britannia International Hotel in Canary Wharf on Friday April 2 for a session from 10am to 2.30pm.
Other donors can head to the West India ballroom at the London Marriott Hotel where there will be a session on Thursday April 8 and Friday April 16 from 9.45am to 11.30am and from 1pm to 4pm.
They can also give blood at St Olave Parish Hall, in Mark Lane in London on Friday April 9 for sessions between 9.30am and 11.30am and from 1pm until 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA Hall in Errol Street, in Barbican will be the venue on Wednesday April 7 and Tuesday April 13 for sessions between 9.30 am and 11.30am and from 1pm until 4pm.
Bishopsgate Institute, (Great Hall), Bishopsgate, in the City, will be the venue on Thursday April 1 between 9.30am and 11.30am and 1pm to 4pm.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
Donors can also go to the Legends A room at the West Ham United Hotel in the Boleyn Ground in Upton Park for session on Monday April 12 between 2pm and 4pm and from 5pm until 7.30pm.
Sessions will also be held in the Lecture and Dining Halls at Toynbee Hall, in London on Thursday April 15 from 9.30am to 11.30am and from 1pm to 4pm.
The Conference Room at the Salvation Army HQ in Queen Victoria Street will be the venue for sessions on Monday April 12 from 9.30am to 11.30am and from 1pm to 4pm.
New donors must be in good general health, aged between 17 and 60 and weigh more than seven stones 12 pounds. Regular donors can give up to their 70th birthday.
In England and North Wales alone, 7,000 donations are needed every day- but only four per cent of the eligible UK population give blood. Many sessions offer appointments. Make an appointment to donate by phoning 0300 123 23 23.