Make time to give and do something amazing
DO SOMETHING and save a life by donating blood – there are many local venues with donor sessions taking place throughout the area in the coming weeks. City workers can also go to the Grand Suite at the Britannia International Hotel in Canary Wharf on Frid
DO SOMETHING and save a life by donating blood - there are many local venues with donor sessions taking place throughout the area in the coming weeks.
City workers can also go to the Grand Suite at the Britannia International Hotel in Canary Wharf on Friday April 2 for a session from 10am to 2.30pm.
Other donors can head to the West India ballroom at the London Marriott Hotel where there will be a session on Thursday April 8 and Friday April 16 from 9.45am to 11.30am and from 1pm to 4pm.
They can also give blood at St Olave Parish Hall, in Mark Lane in London on Friday April 9 for sessions between 9.30am and 11.30am and from 1pm until 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA Hall in Errol Street, in Barbican will be the venue on Wednesday April 7 and Tuesday April 13 for sessions between 9.30 am and 11.30am and from 1pm until 4pm.
Bishopsgate Institute, (Great Hall), Bishopsgate, in the City, will be the venue on Thursday April 1 between 9.30am and 11.30am and 1pm to 4pm.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Donors can also go to the Legends A room at the West Ham United Hotel in the Boleyn Ground in Upton Park for session on Monday April 12 between 2pm and 4pm and from 5pm until 7.30pm.
Sessions will also be held in the Lecture and Dining Halls at Toynbee Hall, in London on Thursday April 15 from 9.30am to 11.30am and from 1pm to 4pm.
The Conference Room at the Salvation Army HQ in Queen Victoria Street will be the venue for sessions on Monday April 12 from 9.30am to 11.30am and from 1pm to 4pm.
New donors must be in good general health, aged between 17 and 60 and weigh more than seven stones 12 pounds. Regular donors can give up to their 70th birthday.
In England and North Wales alone, 7,000 donations are needed every day- but only four per cent of the eligible UK population give blood. Many sessions offer appointments. Make an appointment to donate by phoning 0300 123 23 23.