Long waiting times today at Redbridge’s ‘under pressure’ A&E
Health bosses are asking patients to re-consider visiting accident and emergency this week.
Patients are currently experiencing long waits at the emergency departments of King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
A spokesman for Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust said: “A&Es are always very busy at this time of year, and unless people have a life-threatening illness or injury, they will be seen much more quickly and appropriately elsewhere.
“Even if your GP surgery is closed, NHS Direct and out-of-hours GP services are available 24-hours a day.
Walk-in centres and minor injuries clinics – such as those at Harold Wood, Loxford or Barking – can also treat a wide variety of problems without an appointment.”
You may also want to watch:
Have you been effected by the queues? Call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands