Long waiting times today at Redbridge’s ‘under pressure’ A&E
Health bosses are asking patients to re-consider visiting accident and emergency this week.
Patients are currently experiencing long waits at the emergency departments of King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
A spokesman for Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust said: “A&Es are always very busy at this time of year, and unless people have a life-threatening illness or injury, they will be seen much more quickly and appropriately elsewhere.
“Even if your GP surgery is closed, NHS Direct and out-of-hours GP services are available 24-hours a day.
Walk-in centres and minor injuries clinics – such as those at Harold Wood, Loxford or Barking – can also treat a wide variety of problems without an appointment.”
You may also want to watch:
Have you been effected by the queues? Call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding