Long waiting times today at Redbridge’s ‘under pressure’ A&E
Health bosses are asking patients to re-consider visiting accident and emergency this week.
Patients are currently experiencing long waits at the emergency departments of King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes and Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
A spokesman for Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust said: “A&Es are always very busy at this time of year, and unless people have a life-threatening illness or injury, they will be seen much more quickly and appropriately elsewhere.
“Even if your GP surgery is closed, NHS Direct and out-of-hours GP services are available 24-hours a day.
Walk-in centres and minor injuries clinics – such as those at Harold Wood, Loxford or Barking – can also treat a wide variety of problems without an appointment.”
You may also want to watch:
Have you been effected by the queues? Call our newsdesk on 020 8477 3796 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 8 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 9 Fire damages Ilford flats