Junior doctors in Redbridge and Havering set to strike tomorrow
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Junior doctors voted in favour of strike action over contract changes proposed by the Health Secretary.
Operations and outpatient clinics are being rearranged as junior doctors in Redbridge and Havering go on strike on December 1.
If no agreement is reached after tomorrow, there are two full walk outs planned from 8am to 5pm on December 8 and 16.
More than 37,700 members of the British Medical Association were sent ballot papers on whether strike action should occur.
In the vote, 98 per cent voted in favour of full strike action and 99pc in favour of action just short of a full strike.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement on their website, BHRUT, which runs King George Hospital, Goodmayes, and Queen’s Hospital, Romford, said contingency plans have been made.
The Trust said: “If the strike goes ahead next week, many outpatient clinics and planned surgeries will need to be rearranged.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 5 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“We are in the process of contacting all patients who will be affected in this case.
“If the strike gets called off, please turn up for your outpatient appointment as planned.
“Surgery patients will be contacted directly to confirm whether their surgery can go ahead as originally planned or will need to be rescheduled.
“We will be providing a full urgent and emergency care service on 1 December, however, those in less urgent need of care may experience longer waiting times than normal.”
What do you think of the junior doctor strike? Let us know below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org