‘Significant moment’ as Gants Hill care home receives vaccines
- Credit: Jewish Care
Staff and residents at Jewish Care’s Vi and John Rubens care home told of their relief after receiving the Covid vaccine.
The jab was delivered by an external team of trained healthcare professionals from the local GP’s surgery.
On receiving the vaccine, Marion Zargel, 98, said: “I am really pleased we have been given the vaccine and I hope it keeps us all safe.”
All of the care homes operated by Jewish Care across the country have received the jab with 91 per cent of residents across all homes receiving their first dose and more to come in the following days.
Jewish Care’s chief executive Daniel Carmel-Brown said he was delighted to report the news, as it brings them one step closer to a post-Covid world.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It has been an extremely tough year for our residents and staff, and this is a significant moment for us all in starting to find a way out of the pandemic.”
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath