Barking, Havering and Redbridge NHS Trust wins award for international nurse recruitment
- Credit: Archant
Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust has won a Nursing Times Workforce award for its work improving the recruitment experience of international nurses.
BHRUT beat out seven other shortlisted trusts from across the country to win the Best International Recruitment Experience award on Wednesday, December 2.
The awards highlight and reward innovation in nursing workforce planning and management.
Beverley Sawer, BHRUT’s recruitment nurse, said: “I’m so pleased we’ve been recognised with this award. All we wanted to do was make sure our international nurses felt welcome and supported. We are honoured to have these nurses working with us.”
Beverley works closely with senior nurse Anne Honey to place each nurse on a ward which will suit them and help them settle in.
You may also want to watch:
They also purchase food and household essentials so that when they arrived they have everything they need after their long flight to the UK.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car