Barking, Havering and Redbridge NHS Trust wins award for international nurse recruitment
- Credit: Archant
Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospitals NHS Trust has won a Nursing Times Workforce award for its work improving the recruitment experience of international nurses.
BHRUT beat out seven other shortlisted trusts from across the country to win the Best International Recruitment Experience award on Wednesday, December 2.
The awards highlight and reward innovation in nursing workforce planning and management.
Beverley Sawer, BHRUT’s recruitment nurse, said: “I’m so pleased we’ve been recognised with this award. All we wanted to do was make sure our international nurses felt welcome and supported. We are honoured to have these nurses working with us.”
Beverley works closely with senior nurse Anne Honey to place each nurse on a ward which will suit them and help them settle in.
You may also want to watch:
They also purchase food and household essentials so that when they arrived they have everything they need after their long flight to the UK.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 'Urgent' project to protect historic grotto gets approval
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 10 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford