Ilford Town Centre falls silent for war dead
Ilford Town Centre fell silent this morning as a mark of respect to those who have died in wars.
The Armistice Day service was held outside Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford.
Borough mayor Cllr Chris Cummins was among those at the service, which was led by Rev Jonathan Evens.
It was one of three Armistice Day events held across Redbridge today.
On Saturday, there will be a gathering at Woodford War Memorial, High Road, South Woodford at 9am.
You may also want to watch:
The first of two services on Sunday will be at Ilford War Memorial, Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park at 11am.
The second is due to be held at Wanstead War Memorial, High Street, Wanstead at 12.30pm.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 3 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath