Ilford patients’ fete raises health awareness
- Credit: Archant
Patients at an Ilford doctor’s surgery held a summer fete to raise awareness of cardio vascular disease and other afflictions.
Members of Ilford Medical Centre, in Cleveland Road, put on information stalls and provided food and drink from the centre’s car park on Thursday.
A tombola helped raise money for new equipment for the surgery,
Dr Najib Seedat said: “We wanted to get the message across of patients maintaining their wellbeing.
“In particular we wanted to raise awareness of cardio vascular disease.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Seedat explained East London Genes for Health Team took saliva samples from patients to help study diseases which will afflict the next generation.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 10 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder