Ilford patients’ fete raises health awareness
- Credit: Archant
Patients at an Ilford doctor’s surgery held a summer fete to raise awareness of cardio vascular disease and other afflictions.
Members of Ilford Medical Centre, in Cleveland Road, put on information stalls and provided food and drink from the centre’s car park on Thursday.
A tombola helped raise money for new equipment for the surgery,
Dr Najib Seedat said: “We wanted to get the message across of patients maintaining their wellbeing.
“In particular we wanted to raise awareness of cardio vascular disease.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Seedat explained East London Genes for Health Team took saliva samples from patients to help study diseases which will afflict the next generation.
- 1 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 2 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 3 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 4 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 5 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 New entrance opened at Ilford Station to support Elizabeth line
- 9 Fire at block of maisonettes in Wanstead
- 10 Redbridge school's staff to strike over Covid working dispute