Ilford mum gives people chance to walk in the shoes of Wayne Rooney and Gwyneth Paltrow
An opportunity to walk in the shoes of superstars to raise money for a cancer charity was a complete success thanks to the help of a mum from Ilford.
Seema Sharma, 35, helped make the Cancer Research UK event at Leicester Square a success which featured the shoes of everyone from Gwyneth Paltrow to Wayne Rooney.
More than 30 pairs were donated to the event which allowed people to strut their stuff down a red carpet in the shoes of their favourite celebrity.
Seema was diagnosed with breast cancer the day before Diwali almost exactly three years ago.
She had to have a mastectomy and chemotherapy and made a YouTube video thanking her friends for their support which got more than 21,000 hits.
You may also want to watch:
She is now working to raise awareness of cancer within Asian communities.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision