Ilford mum gives people chance to walk in the shoes of Wayne Rooney and Gwyneth Paltrow
An opportunity to walk in the shoes of superstars to raise money for a cancer charity was a complete success thanks to the help of a mum from Ilford.
Seema Sharma, 35, helped make the Cancer Research UK event at Leicester Square a success which featured the shoes of everyone from Gwyneth Paltrow to Wayne Rooney.
More than 30 pairs were donated to the event which allowed people to strut their stuff down a red carpet in the shoes of their favourite celebrity.
Seema was diagnosed with breast cancer the day before Diwali almost exactly three years ago.
She had to have a mastectomy and chemotherapy and made a YouTube video thanking her friends for their support which got more than 21,000 hits.
You may also want to watch:
She is now working to raise awareness of cancer within Asian communities.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August