Ilford mum gives people chance to walk in the shoes of Wayne Rooney and Gwyneth Paltrow
An opportunity to walk in the shoes of superstars to raise money for a cancer charity was a complete success thanks to the help of a mum from Ilford.
Seema Sharma, 35, helped make the Cancer Research UK event at Leicester Square a success which featured the shoes of everyone from Gwyneth Paltrow to Wayne Rooney.
More than 30 pairs were donated to the event which allowed people to strut their stuff down a red carpet in the shoes of their favourite celebrity.
Seema was diagnosed with breast cancer the day before Diwali almost exactly three years ago.
She had to have a mastectomy and chemotherapy and made a YouTube video thanking her friends for their support which got more than 21,000 hits.
You may also want to watch:
She is now working to raise awareness of cancer within Asian communities.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross