Ilford Lane Surgery relocates to Loxford Polyclinic in ‘milestone’ move
- Credit: Archant
The Ilford Lane Surgery closed its doors on Friday to move into its new home at the Loxford Polyclinic.
The GP practice has been running for more than 40 years and has 3,500 patients but its premises at 165 Ilford Lane were no longer “fit for purpose”.
It has relocated to the first floor of the polyclinic - a 10 minute walk down the road.
Lead GP Dr Chidi Okrie said: “The patients who have been in so far love it.
“The premises was not fit for purpose and at some point we would have been forced to move.
You may also want to watch:
“It didn’t meet the CQC requirements for disabled access and the rooms were too small.”
The practice has kept its name, staff and phone number and patients have been informed of the move.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
Patient Participation Ground chairman Cllr Filly Maravala said the move represented a “very important milestone in the history” of the surgery.