Health and wellness open day at Ilford doctors surgery
- Credit: Archant
Patients received their vital flu jabs and undertook health checks as a doctors surgery in Ilford opened its doors for the day,
The open day at The Loxford Practice (AT Medics) saw more than 100 patients visit the surgery and learn more about their services.
Omar Din, a spokesman for the surgery, in Ilford Lane, Ilford, said the day was a great success.
He said: “It was brilliant.
“We want to work with the local commmunity and patient engagement is a very important part of that.
You may also want to watch:
“About a quarter of people who attended underwent health checks on the day, and many more learnt about the services in the community.”
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes, Cllr Taifur Rashid and the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Gurdial Bhamra were among the guests learning more about the services.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
Representatives from HIV charity Terrence Higgins Trust, Redbridge Concern for Mental Health and Healthwatch were also there to promote their services.