Health and wellness open day at Ilford doctors surgery
- Credit: Archant
Patients received their vital flu jabs and undertook health checks as a doctors surgery in Ilford opened its doors for the day,
The open day at The Loxford Practice (AT Medics) saw more than 100 patients visit the surgery and learn more about their services.
Omar Din, a spokesman for the surgery, in Ilford Lane, Ilford, said the day was a great success.
He said: “It was brilliant.
“We want to work with the local commmunity and patient engagement is a very important part of that.
“About a quarter of people who attended underwent health checks on the day, and many more learnt about the services in the community.”
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes, Cllr Taifur Rashid and the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Gurdial Bhamra were among the guests learning more about the services.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 3 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 4 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 5 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 6 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 10 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
Representatives from HIV charity Terrence Higgins Trust, Redbridge Concern for Mental Health and Healthwatch were also there to promote their services.