Health and wellness open day at Ilford doctors surgery
- Credit: Archant
Patients received their vital flu jabs and undertook health checks as a doctors surgery in Ilford opened its doors for the day,
The open day at The Loxford Practice (AT Medics) saw more than 100 patients visit the surgery and learn more about their services.
Omar Din, a spokesman for the surgery, in Ilford Lane, Ilford, said the day was a great success.
He said: “It was brilliant.
“We want to work with the local commmunity and patient engagement is a very important part of that.
You may also want to watch:
“About a quarter of people who attended underwent health checks on the day, and many more learnt about the services in the community.”
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes, Cllr Taifur Rashid and the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Gurdial Bhamra were among the guests learning more about the services.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
Representatives from HIV charity Terrence Higgins Trust, Redbridge Concern for Mental Health and Healthwatch were also there to promote their services.