Health and wellness open day at Ilford doctors surgery
- Credit: Archant
Patients received their vital flu jabs and undertook health checks as a doctors surgery in Ilford opened its doors for the day,
The open day at The Loxford Practice (AT Medics) saw more than 100 patients visit the surgery and learn more about their services.
Omar Din, a spokesman for the surgery, in Ilford Lane, Ilford, said the day was a great success.
He said: “It was brilliant.
“We want to work with the local commmunity and patient engagement is a very important part of that.
You may also want to watch:
“About a quarter of people who attended underwent health checks on the day, and many more learnt about the services in the community.”
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes, Cllr Taifur Rashid and the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Gurdial Bhamra were among the guests learning more about the services.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
Representatives from HIV charity Terrence Higgins Trust, Redbridge Concern for Mental Health and Healthwatch were also there to promote their services.