Health and wellness open day at Ilford doctors surgery
- Credit: Archant
Patients received their vital flu jabs and undertook health checks as a doctors surgery in Ilford opened its doors for the day,
The open day at The Loxford Practice (AT Medics) saw more than 100 patients visit the surgery and learn more about their services.
Omar Din, a spokesman for the surgery, in Ilford Lane, Ilford, said the day was a great success.
He said: “It was brilliant.
“We want to work with the local commmunity and patient engagement is a very important part of that.
You may also want to watch:
“About a quarter of people who attended underwent health checks on the day, and many more learnt about the services in the community.”
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes, Cllr Taifur Rashid and the Mayor of Redbridge, Cllr Gurdial Bhamra were among the guests learning more about the services.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
Representatives from HIV charity Terrence Higgins Trust, Redbridge Concern for Mental Health and Healthwatch were also there to promote their services.