Goodmayes public swimming pool plans are making residents ‘mad’
- Credit: Archant
A resident has said proposals for a new public swimming pool in Goodmayes are making people “mad and they are getting madder”.
Redbridge Council held a consultation on the plans at Mayfield School, in Pedley Road, last week, where the pool will be built.
The first images were released of the development, which contains a six lane pool and leisure centre.
Several of the teachers were positive about the plans, but Hywel Jones, 66, who lives on the adjacent Kinfauns Road, said people “are mad and they are getting madder”.
Mr Jones explained: “When Mayfield School was upgraded there was traffic going up and down Kinfauns Road day and night.
You may also want to watch:
“It ran over by many months and made lots of noise and left mud all over the road.”
Mr Jones added users arriving by car in the evening, and at weekends, would disturb the residents.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
A council spokesman said: “We welcome the views of residents regarding this exciting new development.
“While we would expect any large development to cause some disruption we would work to ensure that plans were in place to try minimise this in order to account for the needs of motorists, the school’s students and staff, and local residents.”
The spokesman reiterated that the pool is a public facility and is not part of the school.
An application is to be submitted shortly and the proposal will now go through the official planning process. If successful the building intends to open in January 2018.