Get your free health check in Ilford today
Free health checks are on offer today (Thursday) at an Ilford pharmacy.
The service, by P &S Chemist at 111 Ilford Lane, comes after statistics at allabouthealth.org.uk revealed more than half of Londoners have worried about an illness without getting it checked out.
Blood pressure and diabetes tests will be among the checks offered by the chemist which is celebrating its 10th annual health MOT day.
Pharmacist Shaheen Bhatia said: “In recent years we’ve seen demand for health MOTs rise significantly, showing that attitudes are changing and the people of Ilford are taking their health seriously.
“People are now coming in for reassurance and talking through any health
You may also want to watch:
worries they may have.
“People put their cars through a MOT every year so an annual health check should have the same priority.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
“We’ve found people are becoming more aware of health issues such as obesity and the links this has with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so with the health MOT day there’s no excuse to
not get on top of your health.”
Health MOTs are offered at the pharmacy all year round as part of the national All About Health programme.