Get your free health check in Ilford today
Free health checks are on offer today (Thursday) at an Ilford pharmacy.
The service, by P &S Chemist at 111 Ilford Lane, comes after statistics at allabouthealth.org.uk revealed more than half of Londoners have worried about an illness without getting it checked out.
Blood pressure and diabetes tests will be among the checks offered by the chemist which is celebrating its 10th annual health MOT day.
Pharmacist Shaheen Bhatia said: “In recent years we’ve seen demand for health MOTs rise significantly, showing that attitudes are changing and the people of Ilford are taking their health seriously.
“People are now coming in for reassurance and talking through any health
You may also want to watch:
worries they may have.
“People put their cars through a MOT every year so an annual health check should have the same priority.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
“We’ve found people are becoming more aware of health issues such as obesity and the links this has with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so with the health MOT day there’s no excuse to
not get on top of your health.”
Health MOTs are offered at the pharmacy all year round as part of the national All About Health programme.