Get your free health check in Ilford today
Free health checks are on offer today (Thursday) at an Ilford pharmacy.
The service, by P &S Chemist at 111 Ilford Lane, comes after statistics at allabouthealth.org.uk revealed more than half of Londoners have worried about an illness without getting it checked out.
Blood pressure and diabetes tests will be among the checks offered by the chemist which is celebrating its 10th annual health MOT day.
Pharmacist Shaheen Bhatia said: “In recent years we’ve seen demand for health MOTs rise significantly, showing that attitudes are changing and the people of Ilford are taking their health seriously.
“People are now coming in for reassurance and talking through any health
You may also want to watch:
worries they may have.
“People put their cars through a MOT every year so an annual health check should have the same priority.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 10 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
“We’ve found people are becoming more aware of health issues such as obesity and the links this has with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so with the health MOT day there’s no excuse to
not get on top of your health.”
Health MOTs are offered at the pharmacy all year round as part of the national All About Health programme.