Get your free health check in Ilford today
Free health checks are on offer today (Thursday) at an Ilford pharmacy.
The service, by P &S Chemist at 111 Ilford Lane, comes after statistics at allabouthealth.org.uk revealed more than half of Londoners have worried about an illness without getting it checked out.
Blood pressure and diabetes tests will be among the checks offered by the chemist which is celebrating its 10th annual health MOT day.
Pharmacist Shaheen Bhatia said: “In recent years we’ve seen demand for health MOTs rise significantly, showing that attitudes are changing and the people of Ilford are taking their health seriously.
“People are now coming in for reassurance and talking through any health
worries they may have.
“People put their cars through a MOT every year so an annual health check should have the same priority.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 4 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
“We’ve found people are becoming more aware of health issues such as obesity and the links this has with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, so with the health MOT day there’s no excuse to
not get on top of your health.”
Health MOTs are offered at the pharmacy all year round as part of the national All About Health programme.