Elderly woman injured following crash in Hainault
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman was injured in a crash on Saturday.
Officers were alerted by London Ambulance Service (LAS) at 10.28am to reports of a collision between a pedestrian and a car in New North Road, Hainault, at the junction with Staggart Green.
The 92-year-old was found with a leg injury and taken to an east London hospital. Her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
The driver of the vehicle – a 30-year-old woman – stopped at the scene. She was not arrested and is assisting detectives with their inquires.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating the incident and are appealing to anyone who may have seen the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are also keen to speak to anyone who was on the 247 bus at the time who may have witnessed the crash.
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week