Elderly woman injured following crash in Hainault
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman was injured in a crash on Saturday.
Officers were alerted by London Ambulance Service (LAS) at 10.28am to reports of a collision between a pedestrian and a car in New North Road, Hainault, at the junction with Staggart Green.
The 92-year-old was found with a leg injury and taken to an east London hospital. Her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
The driver of the vehicle – a 30-year-old woman – stopped at the scene. She was not arrested and is assisting detectives with their inquires.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating the incident and are appealing to anyone who may have seen the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
They are also keen to speak to anyone who was on the 247 bus at the time who may have witnessed the crash.
Anyone with information can call police on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour