Doctors appointments available in Redbridge during Easter holidays
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
GP appointments will be available over the Easter bank holidays, even if your own doctor’s surgery is closed.
On Good Friday and Easter Monday, urgent GP appointments will be available between 9am and 4pm.
On Saturday and Easter Sunday, appointments are available between 8am and 8pm.
Dr Anil Mehta, GP and chair of Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group said A&E might not be the first “port of call” if you become unwell during the holidays.
“If you are ill or injured this Easter please remember that there are lots of ways to get urgent treatment in Redbridge which can often be a quicker and more appropriate way to get treatment than going to A&E,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We need people to help us keep our local hospital emergency departments free to treat those with the most serious or life threatening illnesses or injuries, by choosing the right service this Easter.”
As well as GP appointments, a pharmacist can offer expert advice on how to best look after yourself with rest and over the counter treatments.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
There are a number of pharmacies in Redbridge that are open on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday.
The walk in service at Loxford polyclinic, Ilford Lane, Ilford is also open from 8am-8pm every day of the year, should you need it.
To book an urgent, same day appointment call 02037701888 or for information on where you should go for treatment call the NHS on 111.