Covid-19 vaccination bus back on tour in Redbridge
- Credit: Redbridge Council
The Covid-19 vaccination bus is once again touring Redbridge.
From today (Monday, June 7), the double decker bus - launched in Ilford six weeks ago to boost vaccine uptake - is offering six clinics over the next two weeks across three locations.
As part of a continuing collaboration between Redbridge Council, community groups and the NHS, the vaccination bus will be in action on June 7, 9, 11, 14, 16 and 18.
This follows previous sessions where the bus offered twilight clinics to mosques during Ramadan.
While people were previously advised to wait until they were contacted to book their vaccine, those aged 30 and above are now free to contact the NHS to get vaccinated.
Speaking at the April launch, Redbridge's director of public health Gladys Xavier said: "We want to make it as easy as possible to get vaccinated and the new bus will support many more people to do so while helping to keep Redbridge safe."
You may also want to watch:
Fast forward to June and the team is aiming to reach more residents by running an expanded bus route.
Starting today, the bus will first stop at Winston Way Academy in Ilford, while on Wednesday it will do so at Cleveland Road Primary School in Ilford.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
Both these sessions will run from 6-9pm.
There will be a double session on Friday (June 11), with the bus set to pitch up at Jubilee Gardens in Ilford Lane between 12-3pm and 5-7pm.
The following week's sessions - running on June 14, 16 and 18 - will be an identical repeat of the above route.
The service is only available to those who have yet to have their first dose; those awaiting their second dose will be contacted by the NHS.
Anyone eligible for the vaccine can book by calling the free phone line on 0800 038 5929 between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week.
Bookings can be made without an NHS number, provided the resident is registered with a GP practice.
Vaccine information is available in a number of different languages at england.nhs.uk/london/our-work/covid-19-vaccine-communication-materials/