Covid bulletin: June admissions steady at east London hospitals
- Credit: PA
Here is our weekly round-up of confirmed Covid patient numbers and admissions at east London hospitals.
We looked at the latest government data - up to Tuesday, June 7 - for the NHS trusts serving Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals
A combined total of 28 Covid patients were at King George and Queen’s hospitals on Tuesday this week.
The same total was reported on the previous Tuesday (May 31) and since then, the number being treated each day has remained below 30.
On average, 27 beds were occupied by Covid patients each day at the hospitals in Goodmayes and Romford in the first week of this month (June 1-7).
The latest admissions figures show 18 people with Covid were admitted to the hospitals in the seven days up to last Sunday (June 5).
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 3 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 7 London among areas where drought is declared
- 8 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 9 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
By comparison, this was the same number as the week ending May 22.
A combined total of 64 Covid patients were in the five hospitals run by Barts Health on Tuesday.
The same number was reported last Saturday, which are the joint-lowest totals recorded on a since day since last July.
On average, there was 69 Covid patients at Barts Health hospitals – the Royal London, Mile End, Newham, Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew's – each day in the week ending Tuesday.
In the seven days up to last Sunday (June 5), a total of 38 Covid patients were admitted to hospital.
By comparison, 45 people with Covid were admitted in the week ending Sunday, May 22.