Covid deaths hit 1,900 at Barts Trust's hospitals
- Credit: David Mirzoeff
New figures show just over 1,900 patients with Covid-19 have died at Barts Health NHS Trust-run hospitals.
As of 5pm on September 5, a total of 1,901 patients in the trust's five hospitals who had Covid-19 have died over the course of the pandemic.
Barts Health runs the Royal London, Whitechapel, Newham and Whipps Cross hospitals, as well as St Bartholomew’s in the City of London.
More than 17,500 Covid-19 patients admitted to the hospitals have recovered and been discharged.
As of 8am yesterday (September 6), 148 in-patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19 were staying at a trust hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The figure constitutes a small rise on the 143 Covid-19 in-patients reported by the trust on August 26.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, seven were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 42 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 3 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 10 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears