Covid-19 cases monthly fall at Barts Trust hospitals
- Credit: David Mirzoeff
The number of Covid-19 patients at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals has dropped in the past month, according to the latest figures.
As of 8am on September 23 (Thurs), the trust had 111 inpatients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Mile End Hospital; Newham Hospital; Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge; as well as St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London.
The figure constitutes a decline from the 143 Covid-19 inpatients reported by the trust on August 26.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, four were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 25 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
As of 5pm on September 22, a total of 1,939 patients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health hospitals had died.
You may also want to watch:
More than 18,000 Covid-19 patients admitted to the hospital have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 6 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 7 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Night Tube services to resume on Central line
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses