Chadwell Heath couple see in New Year with birth of first child minutes after midnight
A Chadwell Heath couple had a New Year’s Eve to remember when their first child was born just minutes after midnight yesterday.
Baby Zayd Taousi-Chahboun was the first baby of 2013 at Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, when he was delivered at 00.11am on New Year’s Day.
He was born at a healthy 3.57kg and is resting with mum Hanan Taousi-Chahbounin hospital.
She said: “We’ve put New Year celebrations on hold for the moment but we had a good Christmas.
“Zayd seems very happy but he’s just been sleeping so far.”
You may also want to watch:
The family are hoping to go back home to Sherman Gardens tomorrow.
- 1 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash