Chadwell Heath couple see in New Year with birth of first child minutes after midnight
A Chadwell Heath couple had a New Year’s Eve to remember when their first child was born just minutes after midnight yesterday.
Baby Zayd Taousi-Chahboun was the first baby of 2013 at Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, when he was delivered at 00.11am on New Year’s Day.
He was born at a healthy 3.57kg and is resting with mum Hanan Taousi-Chahbounin hospital.
She said: “We’ve put New Year celebrations on hold for the moment but we had a good Christmas.
“Zayd seems very happy but he’s just been sleeping so far.”
You may also want to watch:
The family are hoping to go back home to Sherman Gardens tomorrow.
- 1 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 6 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 7 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman