Chadwell Heath couple see in New Year with birth of first child minutes after midnight
A Chadwell Heath couple had a New Year’s Eve to remember when their first child was born just minutes after midnight yesterday.
Baby Zayd Taousi-Chahboun was the first baby of 2013 at Queen’s Hospital, in Romford, when he was delivered at 00.11am on New Year’s Day.
He was born at a healthy 3.57kg and is resting with mum Hanan Taousi-Chahbounin hospital.
She said: “We’ve put New Year celebrations on hold for the moment but we had a good Christmas.
“Zayd seems very happy but he’s just been sleeping so far.”
You may also want to watch:
The family are hoping to go back home to Sherman Gardens tomorrow.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 5 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath