CCG to help find GP practice for Alborough Hatch
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has agreed to work with councillors to find a GP practice for Aldborough Hatch, after Spearpoint Surgery closes in March.
Speaking at the Health Scrutiny Committee, Sarah See, the CCG’s representative, agreed to explore options for a primary care service in the area.
Spearpoint Surgery was based in Aldborough Road North for 78 years before it moved to King George Hospital, in Goodmayes, in 2013.
Health scrutiny chairman Cllr John Howard (Lab, Alborough) said after the meeting: “I am pleased Redbridge CCG has given a firm commitment to investigate a doctors’ surgery in the Aldborough Hatch area.
“The community needs a local, accessible surgery and I hope the commitment given at Tuesday’s meeting puts us closer to having one.”
You may also want to watch:
Ron Jeffries, chairman of the Aldborough Hatch Defence Association, spoke at the meeting about Spearpoint.
He described Redbridge CCG’s comments as “a clear and unequivocal commitment”.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses