CCG to help find GP practice for Alborough Hatch
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has agreed to work with councillors to find a GP practice for Aldborough Hatch, after Spearpoint Surgery closes in March.
Speaking at the Health Scrutiny Committee, Sarah See, the CCG’s representative, agreed to explore options for a primary care service in the area.
Spearpoint Surgery was based in Aldborough Road North for 78 years before it moved to King George Hospital, in Goodmayes, in 2013.
Health scrutiny chairman Cllr John Howard (Lab, Alborough) said after the meeting: “I am pleased Redbridge CCG has given a firm commitment to investigate a doctors’ surgery in the Aldborough Hatch area.
“The community needs a local, accessible surgery and I hope the commitment given at Tuesday’s meeting puts us closer to having one.”
You may also want to watch:
Ron Jeffries, chairman of the Aldborough Hatch Defence Association, spoke at the meeting about Spearpoint.
He described Redbridge CCG’s comments as “a clear and unequivocal commitment”.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended