CCG to help find GP practice for Alborough Hatch
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has agreed to work with councillors to find a GP practice for Aldborough Hatch, after Spearpoint Surgery closes in March.
Speaking at the Health Scrutiny Committee, Sarah See, the CCG’s representative, agreed to explore options for a primary care service in the area.
Spearpoint Surgery was based in Aldborough Road North for 78 years before it moved to King George Hospital, in Goodmayes, in 2013.
Health scrutiny chairman Cllr John Howard (Lab, Alborough) said after the meeting: “I am pleased Redbridge CCG has given a firm commitment to investigate a doctors’ surgery in the Aldborough Hatch area.
“The community needs a local, accessible surgery and I hope the commitment given at Tuesday’s meeting puts us closer to having one.”
You may also want to watch:
Ron Jeffries, chairman of the Aldborough Hatch Defence Association, spoke at the meeting about Spearpoint.
He described Redbridge CCG’s comments as “a clear and unequivocal commitment”.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 10 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London