BHRUT wins award for supporting health interns
- Credit: BHRUT
An NHS trust has been recognised for its work to support healthcare assistant (HCA) interns as they begin their careers.
The HCA intern team at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) was named team of the year at the Healthcare Support Worker Awards.
The team – made up of Alison Henderson, Ray Goto and Karen Dela Victoria – was set up in April and has provided pastoral support to 112 newly-recruited HCAs, as well as those already in-post across 55 wards in the trust.
They also promote career progression pathways available to HCAs, helping them access opportunities including the trust's apprentice nurse associate programme.
Chief nurse Kathryn Halford said: “This award is fantastic recognition for the work of our new HCA intern team.
You may also want to watch:
“I cannot stress enough the positive impact they’ve made in supporting our HCAs since starting five months ago.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine