BHRUT wins award for supporting health interns
- Credit: BHRUT
An NHS trust has been recognised for its work to support healthcare assistant (HCA) interns as they begin their careers.
The HCA intern team at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) was named team of the year at the Healthcare Support Worker Awards.
The team – made up of Alison Henderson, Ray Goto and Karen Dela Victoria – was set up in April and has provided pastoral support to 112 newly-recruited HCAs, as well as those already in-post across 55 wards in the trust.
They also promote career progression pathways available to HCAs, helping them access opportunities including the trust's apprentice nurse associate programme.
Chief nurse Kathryn Halford said: “This award is fantastic recognition for the work of our new HCA intern team.
“I cannot stress enough the positive impact they’ve made in supporting our HCAs since starting five months ago.”
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune