Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham and Havering residents can sign up for cancer awareness webinars to spot symptoms, get screened and stay healthy
- Credit: PA
RedbridgeCVS, the umbrella body for charities and community groups, is holding a series of webinars to encourage people to learn more about cancer symptoms and how to get screened.
The three sessions throughout October will explain what you can do to prevent cancer, why you should attend screenings and how you can recognise the signs and symptoms of common cancers.
The online discussions are hosted by health professionals including GPs and are open to anyone who lives or works in Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham and Havering.
The next session is on Tuesday, October 13 at 10am and is specifically around breast and lung cancer.
The last session will be on cervical and prostate cancer and will be held on Monday, October 19 from 11am-12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The first session was on bowel cancer this past Monday and a copy of the information is available on request.
To attend the October 13 session visit https://zoom.us/j/94274872369?pwd=RmIzN1hnOFcrNGFhbGFMcjZpREpjQT09 (Meeting ID: 942 7487 2369 and passcode: 098746)
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
To attend the October 19 session visit https://zoom.us/j/98477543407?pwd=c0lVY05LTWJQUExHbmdBNnNUS3p4QT09 (Meeting ID: 984 7754 3407
For more information and copies of previous presentations contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07984 972 492