Head teacher of new Redbridge free school announced
The wheels are in motion for Redbridge’s first newly built free school after the head teacher was announced this week.
Nicola Percy, currently deputy head teacher of a British school based in Brunei for children of serving members of the armed forces, has been appointed.
Miss Percy will take on the role of head teacher at the new free school in Redbridge, which is planned to open in September, and has been backed by the free schools trust arm of education charity, E-ACT.
The new primary free school is set to open in the Downshall Centre, Aldborough Road South, in September.
When at full capacity, the school will take 420 pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Percy said: “I am very much looking forward to meeting children, families, community groups and colleagues.
“The opening of the free school offers us the chance to learn from each other and build a creative and inspiring learning environment for children and their families in Redbridge. I can’t wait to greet our first pupils in September. It will be a moment in history!”
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath