Havering A-levels: ‘Fantastic’ Campion School students celebrate third best results ever
- Credit: Archant
Clutching pieces of paper, Hornchurch students couldn’t hide their relieved smiles as they celebrated their A-level results with family and friends, before discussing which university they would be attending in September.
Of the 132 A-level pupils at The Campion School, in Wingletye Lane, an impressive 84 per cent achieved A* to C grades, the third best results ever for the science academy.
Maths, English and economics appeared to be the standout subjects for the “fantastic” group of teenagers.
Assistant headteacher, Peter Luck, said: “This year group did exceptionally poorly in their AS levels, but they have managed to turn it around this year to help us achieve our third best results ever. They really exceeded their targets and have done brilliantly.
“Roughly 105 of our students are going straight onto university and luckily we didn’t have too many going through the clearing process.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Keith Williams, added: “I am really pleased to find that most students have got into their first choice universities, after working very hard. The year group has developed well and have been fantastic to teach.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit