Haven House Children’s Hospice holds Christmas party in Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas dropped by to see children at Haven House’s annual Christmas party on Saturday.
The festivities were held at St Aubyns School, Bunces Lane, Woodford Green, and included a touring production of Theatre Bugs’ production The Toy Town Christmas.
The party was attended by a number of local life-limited children and their families who enjoyed festive food, face painting and a visit to Santa’s grotto.
This was the third time the school loaned its drama studio to the hospice for children’s parties.
Hospice chief executive Mike Palfreman said: “Christmas is a special time for most families, but it has an extra poignancy for a family with a life-limited child.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re here to make the festive period as enjoyable as possible, for all our children and families, regardless of faith or religious background.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School