Haven House Children’s Hospice holds Christmas party in Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas dropped by to see children at Haven House’s annual Christmas party on Saturday.
The festivities were held at St Aubyns School, Bunces Lane, Woodford Green, and included a touring production of Theatre Bugs’ production The Toy Town Christmas.
The party was attended by a number of local life-limited children and their families who enjoyed festive food, face painting and a visit to Santa’s grotto.
This was the third time the school loaned its drama studio to the hospice for children’s parties.
Hospice chief executive Mike Palfreman said: “Christmas is a special time for most families, but it has an extra poignancy for a family with a life-limited child.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re here to make the festive period as enjoyable as possible, for all our children and families, regardless of faith or religious background.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford