Have your say on the transfer of Spearpoint GP surgery for NHS report
Patients of a Newbury Park GP surgery that closed its doors and moved with just a week’s notice in June can have their say for an NHS report.
Healthwatch Redbridge is running a survey for local people affected by the transfer of Spearpoint GP surgery in June.
Residents and councillors were shocked when the popular practice was moved from Aldborough Road North to King George Hospital, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes.
At a health scrutiny committee meeting last month, Cllr Joyce Ryan said: “The NHS has to hold their hands up that it was wrong how it happened.
“There should have been more time and it was disgusting that people were given a week’s notice.”
You may also want to watch:
Healthwatch Redbridge started the survey last week and is holding drop-in sessions to get people’s views.
Chief executive Cathy Turland said: “We have heard from members of the public who use the surgery, and local councillors, that they are not happy with how the transfer was carried out.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
“We wanted to ask patients how they found out about the move and what they think about the new premises.”
The survey is available at the Healthwatch Redbridge website, on request by email or phone, and at drop-in sessions until November 10.
The results will be presented at the health scrutiny committee in January and a report will go to NHS England.