Have your say on King George Hospital A&E closure at public meeting on Friday
- Credit: Archant
Residents will get to have their say on the closure of King George Hospital’s A&E at a public meeting with NHS managers on Friday.
Dr Heath Springer, clinical director at Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and Conor Burke, chief officer for CCGs in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge, will be attending.
Avril Dongworth, chief executive of Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, which runs King George and Queen’s Hospital, is also due to be on the panel along with Ilford South MP Mike Gapes and Ilford North MP Lee Scott.
The A&E department at the hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, is set for the axe in 2015 despite years of opposition from campaigners, councillors and local MPs.
The labour ward shut earlier this year and more than 300 beds are due to close in a shake-up of hospital services across north east London.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to join the meeting at Redbridge College, Little Heath, starting at 7pm.
Can’t make it? Send your written questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put to the panel.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 3 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told