Have your say on King George Hospital A&E closure at public meeting on Friday
- Credit: Archant
Residents will get to have their say on the closure of King George Hospital’s A&E at a public meeting with NHS managers on Friday.
Dr Heath Springer, clinical director at Redbridge Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and Conor Burke, chief officer for CCGs in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge, will be attending.
Avril Dongworth, chief executive of Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, which runs King George and Queen’s Hospital, is also due to be on the panel along with Ilford South MP Mike Gapes and Ilford North MP Lee Scott.
The A&E department at the hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, is set for the axe in 2015 despite years of opposition from campaigners, councillors and local MPs.
The labour ward shut earlier this year and more than 300 beds are due to close in a shake-up of hospital services across north east London.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to join the meeting at Redbridge College, Little Heath, starting at 7pm.
Can’t make it? Send your written questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put to the panel.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 8 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts