Harry Martin withdrawn from England squad
Old Loughtonians’ midfielder will miss the London Cup ties.
Old Loughtonians’ Harry Martin has been withdrawn from the England squad ahead of tomorrow’s (Tuesday) first London Cup match.
The 18-year-old and team-mate Matt Daly have been struggling with fitness in the lead up to the four-team tournament and the pair have subsequently been replaced by Surbiton’s Richard Alexander and East Grinstead’s Mark Pearn.
Jason Lee’s squad take on Belgium in their opening match at 2pm tomorrow, then meet Korea and New Zealand.
The quartet will play out the gold and bronze medal matches on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are still available from www.englandhockey.com/thelondoncup.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station