Harry Martin withdrawn from England squad
Old Loughtonians’ midfielder will miss the London Cup ties.
Old Loughtonians’ Harry Martin has been withdrawn from the England squad ahead of tomorrow’s (Tuesday) first London Cup match.
The 18-year-old and team-mate Matt Daly have been struggling with fitness in the lead up to the four-team tournament and the pair have subsequently been replaced by Surbiton’s Richard Alexander and East Grinstead’s Mark Pearn.
Jason Lee’s squad take on Belgium in their opening match at 2pm tomorrow, then meet Korea and New Zealand.
The quartet will play out the gold and bronze medal matches on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are still available from www.englandhockey.com/thelondoncup.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion