Hard-working Hurry confident of Euro medal chances
Redbridge karate star looking to follow up Swedish success
Katie Hurry is targeting at least a bronze at next month’s European Karate Championships.
Hurry is currently working hard in training for the event in Switzerland in May and continued her recent success with a gold medal in the over-68kg Swedish Karate Open in Malmo – a triumph she found very difficult.
“It was a very tough competition,” said Hurry.
“There were a lot of European challengers and to win gold is a great achievement. It is a good building block and has given me a lot of confidence going into the European championships.
You may also want to watch:
“Two years ago I won bronze, but last year I finished fifth. But I’ll go into the championships confident of at least getting in the medals.
“From now until the start of May there are training camps every weekend in the build-up to the championships, and although the training is tough it gives me the best chance of success.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
“After that there are a few more Opens in Europe before the big events of the European and World Championships next year.”
Meanwhile, Hurry is currently teaching 4-14-year-olds and has several classes available.
For more information contact Katie on 07756 561741.