Hammers and Orient on the road in FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
West Ham will travel to Championship outfit Nottingham Forest in the third round of the FA Cup.
Leyton Orient face a trip to Yeovil Town, with the games to be played over the weekend of January 4/5 next year.
The O’s made the third round stage for the third time in four years courtesy of a 1-0 win over Walsall yesterday.
The Glovers were promoted to the Championship last season via the play-offs, but both matches between the sides last season were won convincingly by the home side.
Orient won 4-1 at Brisbane Road, but lost the return 3-0 at Huish Park on New Year’s Day.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Russell Slade was in charge of the club from 2006 to 2009, taking to the 2007 League One play-off final, where they lost to Blackpool.
The two parted ways on bad terms, which forced the League Managers Association to settle the dispute.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
The Hammers beat Forest in both games when they met in the Championship in 2011/12 - 4-1 away and 2-1 at home.
The pair met in the 1991 FA Cup semi-final, with Forest thrashing West Ham 4-0.
But a hat-trick from Victor Obinna saw the Hammers win 3-2 at Upton Park to reach the fifth round three seasons ago.