Hall double sets him up for England
WEST HAM youth prospect Robert Hall celebrated his selection for the England under-16s squad with two goals for the Hammers Academy team at the weekend. The 15-year-old thumped in two second half strikes for the under-18 team, as they eased to an impressi
WEST HAM youth prospect Robert Hall celebrated his selection for the England under-16s squad with two goals for the Hammers Academy team at the weekend.
The 15-year-old thumped in two second half strikes for the under-18 team, as they eased to an impressive 3-0 victory at MK Dons on Saturday morning.
Ahmed Abdulla had opened the scoring early in the second half, before it became the Hall show.
Cristian Montano and Nick Barrett set him up for the opening goal, before the third was all his own work.
Hall turned on the edge of the area, before thumping in a superb shot to make it 3-0.
The youngster will travel to France early in April to take part in the prestigious under-16 competition - the Mont-aigu Tournament.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 3 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 9 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 10 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
England, who won the Home International Victory Shield at the end of last year, will take on Russia, United Arab Emirates and Ivory Coast in their group section, the first match being on April 8.
If they can win the group they will come up against either France, Australia, Ger-many or Mali in the final.
The under-18s now face a gap until their next match when they will travel to Coventry City on April 18.
West Ham: Street, Smith, Driver (Werndley 80), Craig, McNaughton, Sanchez, Mon-tano, Barrett, Abdulla, Hall, Moncur (Subuola 70). Sub not used: Vose.