Hall double sets him up for England
WEST HAM youth prospect Robert Hall celebrated his selection for the England under-16s squad with two goals for the Hammers Academy team at the weekend. The 15-year-old thumped in two second half strikes for the under-18 team, as they eased to an impressi
WEST HAM youth prospect Robert Hall celebrated his selection for the England under-16s squad with two goals for the Hammers Academy team at the weekend.
The 15-year-old thumped in two second half strikes for the under-18 team, as they eased to an impressive 3-0 victory at MK Dons on Saturday morning.
Ahmed Abdulla had opened the scoring early in the second half, before it became the Hall show.
Cristian Montano and Nick Barrett set him up for the opening goal, before the third was all his own work.
You may also want to watch:
Hall turned on the edge of the area, before thumping in a superb shot to make it 3-0.
The youngster will travel to France early in April to take part in the prestigious under-16 competition - the Mont-aigu Tournament.
- 1 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
England, who won the Home International Victory Shield at the end of last year, will take on Russia, United Arab Emirates and Ivory Coast in their group section, the first match being on April 8.
If they can win the group they will come up against either France, Australia, Ger-many or Mali in the final.
The under-18s now face a gap until their next match when they will travel to Coventry City on April 18.
West Ham: Street, Smith, Driver (Werndley 80), Craig, McNaughton, Sanchez, Mon-tano, Barrett, Abdulla, Hall, Moncur (Subuola 70). Sub not used: Vose.