Hall double sets him up for England
WEST HAM youth prospect Robert Hall celebrated his selection for the England under-16s squad with two goals for the Hammers Academy team at the weekend. The 15-year-old thumped in two second half strikes for the under-18 team, as they eased to an impressi
WEST HAM youth prospect Robert Hall celebrated his selection for the England under-16s squad with two goals for the Hammers Academy team at the weekend.
The 15-year-old thumped in two second half strikes for the under-18 team, as they eased to an impressive 3-0 victory at MK Dons on Saturday morning.
Ahmed Abdulla had opened the scoring early in the second half, before it became the Hall show.
Cristian Montano and Nick Barrett set him up for the opening goal, before the third was all his own work.
You may also want to watch:
Hall turned on the edge of the area, before thumping in a superb shot to make it 3-0.
The youngster will travel to France early in April to take part in the prestigious under-16 competition - the Mont-aigu Tournament.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 4 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 9 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 10 Redbridge schools join forces to organise circus event
England, who won the Home International Victory Shield at the end of last year, will take on Russia, United Arab Emirates and Ivory Coast in their group section, the first match being on April 8.
If they can win the group they will come up against either France, Australia, Ger-many or Mali in the final.
The under-18s now face a gap until their next match when they will travel to Coventry City on April 18.
West Ham: Street, Smith, Driver (Werndley 80), Craig, McNaughton, Sanchez, Mon-tano, Barrett, Abdulla, Hall, Moncur (Subuola 70). Sub not used: Vose.