Half-term fun: Magician astounds children at Redbridge Central Library
- Credit: Archant
Magic and virtual reality amazed families and young children in a series of half-term events across the borough.
Children at Redbridge Central Library were treated to a book themed magic show by entertainer Mr Kinder.
The magician, looking snappy in a bright polka dot waistcoat and matching bowler hat, astounded children with his sleight of hand, at the event in Clements Road.
The youngsters couldn’t quite believe their eyes as they watched Mr Kinder perform card tricks, balloon modelling and the traditional rabbit in the hat.
Across the borough, kids travelled through time and space without leaving Fullwell Cross Library thanks to a virtual reality workshop.
Organiser Mr Martin King helped attendees see far-flung locations away from Barkingside High Street with the aid of just a phone and some cardboard.
The handmade cardboard viewers became a virtual reality travel agency, opening doors not just too far-flung corners of the world, but to the past, the future, outer space and under the sea.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 3 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 4 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 5 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 6 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
The kids stared open-mouthed as they swam with dolphins on the Great Barrier Reef, explored Tutankhamen’s tomb and touched the surface of Pluto three billion miles away.
Other half-term activities offered at libraries across the borough included games, a film club and educational workshops on maths and weather reporting.