Hainault writers set to publish new anthology
Writers from the Hainault Creative Writing Group are compiling their latest work into an anthology of short stories set to be published later this year.
Founded in 1986, the amateur authors’ group has published five books of stories and poems.
The most recent, Carousel, was published in 2009 with a variety of short stories, and other books have centred on memories of Hainault, the history of the Tube and personal recollections.
Chairman Arthur Salton said the latest offering is about three-quarters complete.
He added: “We have about 16 members and they all write on any subject.
You may also want to watch:
“We have all got our own ideas and the book will be a complete variety.”
Carousel is available by post for £6 from the Hainault Forest Community Centre, in Manford Way, Hainault.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
New writers are always welcome at the group, with any interests and levels of experience.
Members meet at the Hainault Forest Community Centre on Wednesdays at 10am.
Call 020 8500 4311 for information on joining.