Hainault writers set to publish new anthology
Writers from the Hainault Creative Writing Group are compiling their latest work into an anthology of short stories set to be published later this year.
Founded in 1986, the amateur authors’ group has published five books of stories and poems.
The most recent, Carousel, was published in 2009 with a variety of short stories, and other books have centred on memories of Hainault, the history of the Tube and personal recollections.
Chairman Arthur Salton said the latest offering is about three-quarters complete.
He added: “We have about 16 members and they all write on any subject.
You may also want to watch:
“We have all got our own ideas and the book will be a complete variety.”
Carousel is available by post for £6 from the Hainault Forest Community Centre, in Manford Way, Hainault.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 6 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 7 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
New writers are always welcome at the group, with any interests and levels of experience.
Members meet at the Hainault Forest Community Centre on Wednesdays at 10am.
Call 020 8500 4311 for information on joining.