Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- Credit: Nicki Khan
A Hainault teenager has beaten hundreds of other dancers from across the UK to join a touring company.
Kalila Khan, 15, successfully gained a place as a Can You Dance? (CYD) Dance Star 2021, after she was selected from more than 700 applicants aged between eight to 18.
She was chosen by a panel of industry experts including dancers and choreographers from Strictly Come Dancing and Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway.
Kalila told the Recorder: "It’s an amazing opportunity to be a CYD dance star and represent CYD at their events, so I am so grateful to be a part of the company and excited for the regionals to start."
She will now tour the country and receive training from top dancers.
You may also want to watch:
All of CYD's events were cancelled last year but will start up again as soon as government guidelines allow.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 7 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath