Hainault teen misses out on top prize on Sky One’s Got To Dance
- Credit: Archant
A teenage dance prodigy and his crew has missed out on the top prize of £250,000 on a TV talent show after making it to the final.
Mike McNeish, 18, of Hainault - one-fifth of dance group Boyband - impressed on Sky One’s Got To Dance contest but didn’t make the final cut on Friday’s episode.
The dance collective put together a slick routine to a musical medley including Disclosure and Sam Smith’s Latch and a Jackson 5 I Want You Back remix.
Nine acts made it to the final, with a top three - including eventual winners Duplic8 - being selected by judges.
The boys impressed judge and dance group Diversity founder Ashley Banjo earlier in the competition and made it to Team Ashley.
You may also want to watch:
Mike said: “Working with Ashley has been amazing he’s taught us some great stuff. Being on the show was a fun experience, we met a lot of amazing people and we just had a good time.”
Boyband faced highs and lows on the show as they lost group member Corey Culverwell to an injury while rehearsing.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Mike added: “Me and the boys are really strong - it was disappointing to not win but it happens and we’ve got to get on with it as a crew.
“We’re definitely much closer and tighter as friends now.”