Hainault RAF cadet awarded Deputy Lieutenant’s Certificate for Public Service
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old boy has been awarded a Deputy Lieutenant’s Certificate for Public Service.
Bradley Britton, 19, of New North Road, Hainault, joined the RAF Air Cadets in September 2007.
He was awarded a certificate after Flight Lieutenant Satvinder Sagoo wrote him a letter of recommendation.
Bradley said: “I think it’s an honour, only a hand full of cadets get this title.
“I’ve done six to seven years service and it’s a privilege to get this promotion.”
The role includes helping to celebrate and encourage volunteering within the community.
Bradley’s duties in the past have included escorting the Queen at the Royal Albert Hall on Remembrance Day.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 3 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend
He said: “It was a great experience, it’s nerve racking when she walks up to you.”
Bradley hopes to become a musician in the RAF playing the saxophone.