Hainault RAF cadet awarded Deputy Lieutenant’s Certificate for Public Service
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old boy has been awarded a Deputy Lieutenant’s Certificate for Public Service.
Bradley Britton, 19, of New North Road, Hainault, joined the RAF Air Cadets in September 2007.
He was awarded a certificate after Flight Lieutenant Satvinder Sagoo wrote him a letter of recommendation.
Bradley said: “I think it’s an honour, only a hand full of cadets get this title.
“I’ve done six to seven years service and it’s a privilege to get this promotion.”
You may also want to watch:
The role includes helping to celebrate and encourage volunteering within the community.
Bradley’s duties in the past have included escorting the Queen at the Royal Albert Hall on Remembrance Day.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 5 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 6 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 9 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
He said: “It was a great experience, it’s nerve racking when she walks up to you.”
Bradley hopes to become a musician in the RAF playing the saxophone.