Hainault murder: Photo of stabbed to death 80-year-old released
POLICE have a released a picture of the “popular” 80-year-old Hainault man who was stabbed to death in his home on Friday, as they step up appeals to find his killer.
Albert Wright, also known by friends as Bert, was found fatally wounded in his home in Trelawney Road by his son at 11.55pm on Friday.
A post-mortem which took place on Saturday confirmed Mr Wright died from multiple stab wounds.
Detectives believe the pensioner had been out in is car on the day of his death and returned to his home at about 5.30pm.
Police also believe he may have been attacked between 6pm and 7pm, as people have reported hearing a disturbance at the address during that time.
An investigation by the Homicide and Serious Crime Command has begun under Det Chief Insp John Macdonald,
He said: “This was a really violent attack on an 80 year old man at this home.
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 3 London among areas where drought is declared
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 7 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
- 8 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 9 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
“It is not clear at the moment what the motive is.
“Nothing has been taken from the property and there is no evidence of a forced entry.
“Bert was a popular resident of Hainault and there is nothing in his background to suggest why anyone would kill him.
“I would urge anyone who has information about who may have done this to come forward, it was a cowardly attack and whoever did it is not worth protecting.”
Anyone who can help the inquiry is asked to contact the investigation team on 020 8345 3985, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
A 48-year-old man was arrested in connection with the death and has since been bailed until a date in March.