Hainault farm fire destroys taxis
A fire destroyed a number of taxis and grassland in a Hainault farm this morning.
Twenty firefighters tackled the blaze in Homestead Farm, off Romford Road, at just before 6am this morning.
The fire was put out by 8am, with taxis belonging to company Farm Taxis and tyres destroyed.
The owner of the land, who it is understood lives in Romford Road, was told of the fire and was on the scene as crews from four fire stations put out the blaze.
Hainault Fire Station watch manager Alan Furlong said: “Because we got there reasonably quickly, there was nothing else alight.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation