Hainault dentist soaks up Commonwealth Games atmosphere
A HAINAULT dentist has shown athletes from Wales and New Zealand around the largest temple in the world as he carries out voluntary work for the Commonwealth Games.
Dr Atul Gandecha, 45, is in Delhi, India, after being selected to complete his seva, or selfless service.
He is offering his voluntary services at the Swaminarayan Akshardham complex, a Hindu temple complex located opposite the Games village,
Mr Gandecha, who works at the Hainault Dental Practice, New North Road, Hainault, said: “Things are going very well.
“There are lots of volunteers from the UK and all over the world, and we are getting a lot of visitors from the Commonwealth village.
You may also want to watch:
“I am a guide showing people around the complex and the temple, which takes over five hours per group.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears