Hainault charity grants its 150th dream to make teen’s log cabin come true
A children’s charity had the privilege of granting its 150th dream to a teenager who was built a special log cabin.
Thomas Lee, 16, of Chigwell who suffers from Down’s Syndrome as well as other complications, was presented with his dream by ‘Allo ‘Allo star Vicki Michelle and The Dream Factory founder Avril Mills.
The teenager, who shares a room with his brother, asked the charity, in Fowler Road, Hainault, if it could help him create his own space.
Ms Mills, said: “Thomas has never had a room of his own so it was brilliant to be able to provide him with that, which took a while to organise, as foundations had to go down first.
“He was over the moon when it was finished and he couldn’t wait to get in it.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t believe four years ago I started the charity with nothing and we have managed to grant the 150th dream. We just need to keep it going, and we have 30 more dreams already being planned.”
The Dream Factory also recently received a boost thanks to the proceeds of a golf day held by Epping Forest District Council chairman Brian Rolfe.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
Twenty-five golfers – councillors, officers, former employees and council contractors – took part.
Ms Mills added: “We look forward to working with Mr Rolfe and the council in the coming months to help boost our funds so that we can continue to provide dreams for ill children.”