Cemetery invites family contributions to Father’s Day service
- Credit: Westerleigh Group
A cemetery in Hainault will host a special tribute service on its YouTube channel for Father’s Day.
At 11am on Sunday, June 20, Forest Park Cemetery and Crematorium will broadcast a national event organised by owner-operators the Westerleigh Group.
The service is intended to help those still limited by lockdown restrictions to remember their loved ones.
Forest Park Crematorium site manager Anneka Blake said: “Like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day can be a poignant time for those who have lost loved ones.
“Some restrictions still remain in place, so we felt that holding a national event would allow families to remember fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers and father figures wherever they may be.”
Families have been invited to submit three words which remind them of their fathers, which will be compiled into a word cloud to be revealed at the end of the broadcast.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions must be made by Wednesday, June 16.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit