Cemetery invites family contributions to Father’s Day service
- Credit: Westerleigh Group
A cemetery in Hainault will host a special tribute service on its YouTube channel for Father’s Day.
At 11am on Sunday, June 20, Forest Park Cemetery and Crematorium will broadcast a national event organised by owner-operators the Westerleigh Group.
The service is intended to help those still limited by lockdown restrictions to remember their loved ones.
Forest Park Crematorium site manager Anneka Blake said: “Like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day can be a poignant time for those who have lost loved ones.
“Some restrictions still remain in place, so we felt that holding a national event would allow families to remember fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers and father figures wherever they may be.”
Families have been invited to submit three words which remind them of their fathers, which will be compiled into a word cloud to be revealed at the end of the broadcast.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions must be made by Wednesday, June 16.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off