Hainault attempted murder case sent to Old Bailey
A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder after an alleged assault in an office in Hainault.
Vaseel Ullah, 20, of New Road, Lambourne End was arrested on Wednesday in Fencepiece Road.
He spoke only to confirm his name and address.
A 28-year-old man remains in critical condition with reported head injuries in connection with the incident.
The preliminary hearing was heard this morning at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
Ullah has had his case sent to the Old Bailey to be heard on December 7. He did not apply for bail.
The air ambulance which attended the incident was called at 12.10pm as well as a road ambulance and a single response unit.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
It is thought the incident happened near to Co-op supermarket.
A London Ambulance spokesman said that their staff treated one man who was taken to hospital by road ambulance accompanied by an air ambulance doctor.
It is believed three police vans and four police cars were at the scene.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the incident room number on
0208 345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.