Hainault allotment broken into for second time in year
- Credit: Archant
An allotment committee member has hit out at thieves who targeted the plotholders’ building for the second time in a year.
Michael Fresco, a plot holder at the New North Road Allotments in Hainault has spoken of the inconvenience caused by Saturday night’s break-in.
Thieves used “brute force” to break a hole in the pre cast concrete building before crawling in and stealing the cash flow and bottles of fertiliser.
“They’ve just done more damage,” said Michael. “All they have done is cause a lot of people inconvenience by having to take all the equipment home every day.”
Allotment chairman David Sevant said break-ins had been an ongoing problem at the site for the last “two or three years.”
You may also want to watch:
“They have increased the security measures as a result of the incident,” confirmed David.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers